James Davis: The Epitome of Team
We are excited for you to get to know Team CHE and meet the family of talented, dedicated individuals who make The CHE Companies what it is today. We could not think of a better person to kick off our Staff Spotlight series than Senior Warranty Specialist, James Davis. Here’s everything you need to know about James straight from the sources themselves:
James takes so much pride in his work and goes above and beyond to complete the task at hand. He is a very hard worker and has so much detailed knowledge in multiple areas. He makes me laugh on a daily basis, too. – Jennifer Craig, Director of Warranty
James Davis is one of the hardest working and most committed people I have ever seen. He is always willing to help while at work or away from the office. I truly cannot say enough about James, he is a Rock Star! – Stephen Scoggins, Owner/President
The epitome of team, the best way to describe James. His knowledge, experience and work ethic is to admired and mirrored. James is willing to help wherever needed and supports The CHE Companies and our customers to his fullest daily. – Jeremy Boyd, Vice President of Operations
He gets the job done!! Every warranty job I am involved with, James handles on time. He has been know then save the day for the coastal team as well. He’s a team player all the way! – Sam Norris, Vice President of Construction
James began his career at CHE in our Millwork Department. As he grew within his career as a Team CHE staff member, he gained the respect and confidence of his colleagues with ease and quickly became a valuable asset for his knowledge and work ethic. Moving to his current position on the Carolina Coast, James is responsible for carrying out the CHE Mission with our commitment to the quality of our work and upholding our high standards of customer service.
Over the years of knowing James, I have seen him grow into the humble, hardworking family-man and great asset to the company that he has become. James is very caring, compassionate and driven in all that he does. – Mike Scott, Director of Quality & Safety Assurance.
James Delivers on his word. He is very valuable to myself and our team. His dedication to make CHE better shows in his work and many hours spent in the field. He’s golden. – Clint Berry, Field Manager
He has always been a great team player and is a very important part of what we do here in the coastal market. He was especially helpful to me in my transition from the Raleigh market to the coast. He works very hard and is a great recipient of the CHE Staff Spotlight! – Brendon Younkin, Field Manager
From day one, I’ve been impressed with James’ gracious attitude and his teamwork mentality. – Wes Stewart, Controller
We asked James to play our “get to know you” game of 20 questions. This is a great mix of business, personal and fun! Let’s get to know James:
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Build custom boats.
- What traits define you? Hardworking, hardheaded with a big heart.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received? My kids… Caleb Davis 13, Makenzie Davis 7, and Cameron Davis 1.
- What is the first concert you attended? 3 Doors Down
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without? My beautiful wife Jennifer Davis.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I would become debt free for myself, parents and my sister.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? I look at Sports Center highlights and local fishing reports.
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? New York strip with a baked potato loaded with butter, cheese and bacon and spinach salad.
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? I worked with Habitat on my first residing job and seeing all the gratitude involved in the project and the homeowners appreciation, I made a commitment to myself to participate and help with more events like this.
- What is something you learned in the last week? How to do field take offs and measure new construction homes for full siding jobs.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Hands down..Fishing and boating.
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? I went from working In House Millwork to being in the field. This was decision I was skeptical of but now I love what I do and wouldn’t change it.
- How long have you worked for The CHE Companies? It will be 8 years September 10th.
- What does a typical day look like for you and what projects (if any) are you currently working on? Being in Warranty usually consists of many tasks a day. Most of the time it involves traveling to several communities and working with different builders. All of these repairs are scheduled in advance. So its all about getting the material to the job site, and arriving as scheduled and completing the repair to the homeowners satisfaction.
- Who is another co-worker that deserves a “shout-out” and why? First it would have to be Robbie Robinson as he has to deal with me on a day to day basis. He shows up on time and ready to go! He has been with me two years now and has become the most reliable coworkers I’ve had. However I can’t name just one person. Clint Berry came on about a year ago and has really impressed me and everyone in our market with his work ethic, knowledge and project management.(We can’t let this opportunity pass without sharing an adorable picture from James’ past, this is James and Robbie… aren’t cousins the best?!)
- What is your favorite thing about working at The CHE Companies? The team work that is put in and the family environment throughout the whole company.
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you. I have a green thumb and love horticulture.
- Where is your favorite place to be? On a boat when the sun is rising or setting.
- What is your position at CHE? Senior Warranty Specialist.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? To have a healing hand and solve world illnesses.